Friday, June 12, 2015

Chickens and Checks

Hi everyone!  Yesterday was a work holiday for me, a holiday unique to Hawaii.  King Kamehameha Day is June 11, and celebrates the birth of Kamehameha I.  I hope to have pictures of his statue draped in the beautiful lei in the next few days.  

As a result of the day off, I had some time in my little room and made a few cards (3).  This is really remarkable because I am so slow at putting cards together, especially lately.  Needless to say I was very pleased to get something accomplished.




I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Little Red Wagon #293 - Use a farm animal (I love chickens!)
Crafty Cardmakers #140 - Stitching, real or faux (faux x-stitching around the squares and stitching on the ribbon)
A Day for Daisies #123- CASE one of the ADAF designers cards (it's quite obvious I cased Juliana's great card)

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


Aloha,
Brenda

Supplies:
Image:  A Day for Daisies Sally Hen
Sentiment:  MFT (cropped to make my own sentiment)
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Ink
Paper:  Neenah Kraft cardstock, DCWV cardstock and Gingham paper, Neenah cardstock
Accessories:  Sizzix embossing folder, and tag die Sakura Souffle Pen, Copic Markers, MFT Cross Stitched Squares, ribbon and paper clip from stash

7 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love that image and the sentiment is a perfect fit! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our 'Stitching' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! Love that chicken wire background and your coloring is great! Thanks for joining us at A Day For Daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Brenda! Great image, and love the chicken wire embossed panel too! Thanks for joining in our Faux or Real Stitching Challenge at Creative Cardmakers and More! Good luck, and hope to see you again soon

    Hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just awesome! I love chickens too :) Your background is perfect with the image and I love the cross-stitched borders. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week. (I am happy to see that you applied for our DT also!!!)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I went back to New Zealand recently I met my brothers partner of five years for the very first time and we really hit it off, I so enjoyed my time spent with them (although it was not long enough). This would be the perfect card for Andrea as she has four Pet Chickens that she adores. They all have names and she cooks for them even!!!! They get a rice and vegie mix each day along with yoghurt that she also makes herself. I love the wire background and may have to case this card to send to her if that is okay <3, it is a really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sounds like Andrea's chcks get better eating that my family does:) I would be honored for you to use any part of this card to are inspired by...after all isn't that part of why we do this wonderful craft? I'm so glad you are getting along well. You are still in my prayers...hugs.

      Delete
  6. OMG this card is brilliant I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Hen... is it a freebie? cause I could not find it in the shop...
    My boss would LOVE this image as card for her.... her married name is Chicken (Smile)
    LOVE the colours you used too!

    ps did you get my email?
    hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

CRAFT Challenge #714 - Not A Card

It's time for another CRAFT Challenge!  We would love for you to join us this week in creating something other than a card.  There are a...

Popular Posts